Important Update – July 13th:
Optometrist Parramatta is remaining open to provide the community with essential services, including appointments and our shop.
Considering the current COVID-19 situation in NSW, we have implemented some additional changes.
Trading Hours: We have reduced our trading hours until further notice, pending guidance from the health authorities. Our temporary hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 9am – 3pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
We hope to restore our full normal hours from the week commencing 19th of July, as circumstances permit – we will communicate any changes as soon as possible.
We are committed to the health and safety of our staff and patients, and the Parramatta community. We ask you to help by:
- Wearing A Mask: As required by public health orders, all visitors and patients must wear a mask whilst inside our store and practice, unless you have a lawful medical exemption.
- Checking In: Customers and patients must use the QR code displayed at the front of our shop upon entry. A manual register is also available for those without access to smartphones.
- Being Mindful: We are encouraging customers to make please your selection quickly and maintain social distance whilst in the store. Our staff are here to help – if we can do anything to assist you in your purchase, please let us know!
- Be Prompt: Please arrive on time for your appointment in order to minimise time in the airing area with other patients, and remember to observe social distancing.
Remember, you can easily fulfill your contact lens prescriptions through our online store!
These measures are in addition to our usual COVID-19 precautions, detailed below.
As always, if you have any symptoms, please stay at home and seek medical guidance.
We hope that you are all staying safe! Please contact us if you need any help.
At optometrist parramatta, we take the health and safety of our patients and the community very seriously.
As an optometry practice focusing on providing the best quality of care to our patients, we continue to uphold our high standards of hygiene and infection control policies and procedures.
We have implemented additional health measures to address COVID-19 and ensure we maintain a safe environment for you and our staff.
Additional hygiene precautions have been implemented to prevent the spread of germs, including:
- Disinfecting of surfaces, all handled frames and equipment.
- All visitors are encouraged to use the available hand sanitiser within the practice.
- We are avoiding physical contact where possible and we are smiling to say hello rather than shaking hands.
- During consultations, we are utilizing masks and gloves as appropriate while avoiding unnecessary close contact and ensuring equipment is disinfected comprehensively for every patient.
- Our scheduled appointments are flowing such that social distancing measures are implemented with less patients in the waiting area and appropriate space utilisation and furniture layout that allows separation of seated patients. You can help us out here by arriving on time for your appointment to support this safety measure for the benefit of our community.
- We have strict protocols in place should any staff member become unwell to protect our patients and remaining staff.
- We are providing a QR code to sign in with the Services NSW app.
If you are not feeling well (with any symptoms of fever, sore throat, a cough or shortness of breath), or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed or suspected to have coronavirus, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment with us.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our protocols further, please feel free to contact us at any time.
We are always here to help.
From the team at Optometrist Parramatta.